Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Painted Veil


Last night, as I sat down to watch 'The Departed,' I came across a trailer that intrigued me. And, I wondered about it. I wondered because I heard little said about it. The movie stars Naomi Watts and Edward Norton. Both actors are terrific, and the plot seemed very well thought out. I won't bother you with the details (of which I know little), but it takes place in rural China (which is a splendidly gorgeous backdrop for any movie I might add), and it involves both Norton and Watts as a married couple. However, only Norton's character married for love. The other does not love him, and in fact, cheats on him. But then he tells her he's taking them to China to face the cholera epidemic. Of course, as you might imagine they must rediscover each other, and she learns to love him. I haven't seen it, but I was intrigued, and curious as to what other people might have heard about it. Here's the site that talks about it. It's out on DVD.

1 comment:

squirrelyearl said...

Kind of reminds me of The Constant Gardener although I never saw the movie, just read the book. It was really bizarre.