Friday, May 30, 2008

Hot Rod


I just finished watching one of the funniest films of all time. The movie is 'Hot Rod.' And, no surprise, it was produced by Lorne Michaels of Saturday Night Live fame. It's an instant classic. Right up there with Tommy Boy and Dumb and Dumber. There was slapstick, awkward humor, Gob from Arrested development, Heder from SNL....they took out all the stops for this one. If you don't know the premise it's about a guy named Rod who basically wants to become Evil Knievel after being told by his mother that his dad was Evil's stuntman and died while doing dry-runs for Evil. He of course is anything but a good stuntman. And that's why I like the movie. He may not have the skills, but he has the heart.


It almost makes you want to be a stuntman...or at least watch more stuntmen do ridiculous things. I know I will definitely be watching this movie over and over again so I can memorize classic lines and quote them to people who haven't seen it so they look at me funny. Then, after a long enough time, the lines will start catching and everyone will be quoting it. But, only 5 percent of the people quoting will know why they are doing it. Such is life. God speed Hot Rod!

2 comments:

squirrelyearl said...

I still haven't seen this movie but I've typically heard fantastic things about it. It's definitely rather polarizing, people love it or hate it, I haven't heard anybody be wishy-washy on it. Of course it's interesting hearing your comparison because I've heard a lot of people liken it to Napoleon Dynamite, which if that's the case I'm sure I won't be able to handle it. It also is surprising that so few people have seen it for how may good things I've heard about it. Anyway, I can't wait to catch it and I'm excited for it and hopefully it's more like Dumb and Dumber and Tommy Boy rather than Napoleon Dynamite.

Michael Powers said...

Definitely worth viewing. I think you'll love it.