Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Opening Day: God Bless America

Although yesterday was supposed to be the big day, today is has taken its place as opening day for Red Sox baseball. Now I know some of you are Yankees fans. Some of you are Padres fans. Some of you do not care one way or the other. But, today I hope we can relish in the fact that although we are in a severe economic downturn, are facing two wars more than 10,000 miles away, and have looming issues with Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, and terrorist organizations, we can still prop our feet up, sit back, and sip a drink and watch baseball. God bless America, and God bless our troops.
Oh, and the Red Sox won.

2 comments:

squirrelyearl said...

Woo hoo, my absolutely awful Padres got a shout out! Hope we can keep Peavy home (of course I also hope somebody on the team other than Adrian Gonzalez also learns how to hit but I'm not holding my breath).

Anonymous said...

At first, I was going to make some comment about how much I despise baseball in general.
But in the spirit of your post - Patriotism, Unity, and Tradition - I'll just say "Play Ball!"

(And, if I'm going to have to cheer for someone, "Go Rangers?")