Friday, October 24, 2008

Happy Halloween...from the democrats!

I love halloween. But let's be honest, it's a self-indulgent, barbaric holiday, with roots in dark pagan rituals and false conceptions of life and death. We gorge ourselves in candy and for at least a day dress up as something we're not to get a rise out of our stiff friends or to become less stiff ourselves. But, in my belief, those reasons encourage me to like halloween. A little self-indulgent sugar high and waking up with your head inside a kettle full of popcorn lying next to a pink fairy on one side and a zombie amazon on the other is what its all about. But some people want to take our animalism away from us:

3 comments:

Catie said...

Your picture link didn't work. :(
I am a frequent reader of your blog since I stumbled over it several months ago. I enjoy your posts and find them funny and insightful. I generally don't comment but figured this was harmless enough because hey, I just want to see the picture. :D

Michael Powers said...

Thank you. That should fix it.

squirrelyearl said...

Beautiful man, absolutely beautiful.