Saturday, June 7, 2008

You Saucy Meatball

Along the lines of spaghetti and Italian pasta, some of my buddies and I have a different language interaction than most of you. For instance I might call my friend a saucy meatball, a meat sack or something. Some might find it strange, but that's only because they don't understand or are jealous. I've found that men in general have lots of inside jokes and even have covert languages among friends. My friends and I are no exception. For the longest time, a couple buddies from High School and I used the word 'icecream' to signify something. Let me give an example:

"Dang man, that's some sweet ICECREAM over there."

So, yes it was a good thing. Now here's another interaction:

"Hey meatball, we going to the gym?"

Response: "I'm already here meatsack."

And another for you:

"Dude, he's a poacher."

Taken at face value, these little phrases are, for lack of a better word, retarded. Or, perhaps nonsensical. But at any rate they mean something. And that something is far more important than the phrase itself. It is generally coupled with winks, nodds, neck jerks, grunts or angry stares. This way, women are left confused and stay out of the loop. And, even when you think it'd be nice for them to be in the loop, they can't get in even with some subtle hints. For guys, less is more with communication. With girls, more, more, more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I caught on to your little phrases right away. No confusion at all. Maybe you aren't as mysterious as you think? Most guys are pretty transparent.

Michael Powers said...

Well, the examples I gave suck, but there are other things that most girls just scratch their heads over. You could be an anomaly

squirrelyearl said...

I wish I could say guys were exclusive to such things but they're really not. I know plenty of girls that behave in like manner. Now usually their terms aren't quite as well hidden or what not, but it's really not that different. But yeah, there's nothing more endearing than talking about your friend the meatball.

Anonymous said...

An anomaly! Wow, I think I'm flattered.