Thursday, June 5, 2008

Invites Around the World

Today I would like to leave you all with a list of places I have been invited to visit. I will put them in order first by number of invites, and then by desire to visit. What I ask of you, well, all I ask of you is where you think I would be best spending my time. Here they are:

1. Brazil (over 10 invites)

2. Hawaii (3 invites)

3. Australia (1 invite)

4. England (1 invite)


Desire to go:

1. Brazil

2. Australia

3. Hawaii

4. England

So I'd like to go to Brazil because I've been promising some friends down there I'd visit soon. That's an understatement. Every year I tell them I'll visit, but something comes up, and I don't have the money. With Australia, I've always wanted to go and I've loved Koalas, Crocodile Dundee, the aborigines and the outback since I was a little kid.


That, and it would be a prime surf venue. However, the invite was for Perth, and I don't know if the surfing is quite as good as the gold coast, but it has to be better than most of California. Oh, and Brazil is a good surf destination too. Hawaii of course then goes without saying. It has the best big waves in the world, and great surfing. My invites have come from missionary buddies, friends and family.

But it all comes down to cost. Right now I'm saving up for a car (because my last one was destroyed by a metrosexual. I let him and another friend borrow it while I surfed it up in San Diego. Long story.) I don't know if I'll have the necessary funds after the car purchase to go anywhere that isn't stateside, but I hold out hope. If I go on a trip with the company I work for now it could be a tax write off. That's a thought. And I didn't address England, but I'm more interested in the other three. And, don't worry I'm not really putting the decision on you, the reader's proverbial laps, but a nice comment or two of advice would be nice.

2 comments:

squirrelyearl said...

Haven't been to any of them so I can't give you much advise. Personally Brazil isn't so tempting for me, but I know you're got ties there which I don't. But it does seem like it would be cooler to go to a place you haven't been to before. Australia seems like it would be quite the experience because it is such a unique place. Of course Mick Dundee left it for LA. Hawaii also has a lot of that uniqueness as well. But also, for me, the history of England seems kind of exciting. I don't know, I've never been much of a traveler in general so I'm definitely not the right person to ask.

Michael Powers said...

I'm all for England, but seeing as I haven't gotten many invites, I'll probably head to Brazil and Australia before the year's out.