Saturday, December 27, 2008

C.S. Lewis


I am staring at a plate of dried fruit. In the background my family is discussing where we're going out to dinner. Needless to say it seems futile. Just like the fruit. 

You might say I'm waxing philosophical and metaphorical with what I just wrote. You would be in part correct. And, C.S. Lewis is partly to blame for you being partly correct. I read the first book of the Chronicles of Narnia series today, napped on the couch and ate more than a pound of shrimp. They were not coordinated activities, and my day was not planned out at all. However, it was a very restful day.

2 comments:

Nick said...

This first books was, I take it, the real, first book, correct? That is, your read, The Magician's Nephew?

Michael Powers said...

That's the sixth book.