This video shows how ridiculous it has become. And here's another one.
The kids believe that they will only achieve because of Obama, not because of their own abilities, or their own opportunities as citizens of the United States. Don't get me wrong, Obama's quick rise can inspire, but it should also be taken with a grain of salt. What are his motivations? Why are so many so willing to jump into his proverbial tank?
Do I think he's the Savior of Mankind? Or the Savior of this nation? Hardly. His constantly evolving image does more to dissuade me of his ability to be above partisan politics than it does to reassure me.
Here are some things to consider:
1. He is a freshman Senator who has been running for President all of his first three years into a six year term.
2. He has zero foreign policy experience.
3. He has neither authored nor co-authored any substantial piece of legislation.
4. He has reached across the aisle to get things done only 17% of the time.
5. He has written two books about himself and his ideas (one an autobiography) with very ambiguous and misleading information regarding his past, his family, and his upbringing.
6. He wants to prescribe universal healthcare (revolutionizing vs. reforming=dangerous and impractical).
7. He supports massive government spending during a time of economic instability.
8. He has ties to corrupt Chicago fundraisers (Rezko), former-revolutionaries (Ayers), and his his main mentor according to his own words is his former pastor Jeremiah Wright (Marxist/black power), who he will not disavow.
9. He paints our military in a negative light calling it antagonistic, murdering innocents, being irresponsible in its duties, neglecting to point out its successes and good work.
10. He is a master of spin.
Those are some things to think about. I could make a list for McCain too, but it wouldn't be nearly as long, or as disconcerting.